Looking for pet-friendly activities in Shreveport-Bossier? Check out our guide for year-round fun with your furry friend!
1. Breweries and Restaurants
Raise the "woof" at Shreveport Bossier’s pet-welcoming breweries and restaurants. Notable spots include Flying Heart Brewing & Pub, Marilynn’s Place and California Bar & Grill.
2. Bossier City Farmers Market
Ditch the doghouse and visit every Saturday for local vendors, live music, food trucks and a pet-friendly atmosphere.
3. Shreveport Dog Park
Unleash fun with separate areas for big and small dogs, beautiful river views, and extended summer hours.
4. Lake Bistineau State Park
Have a doggone good time with your leashed pet exploring bayous, hardwood forests, and scenic trails.
5. Red River National Wildlife Refuge
Hit the trails with three easy hikes for families and furry friends.
6. American Rose Center
Stop and smell the roses with your leashed pup as you walk through 118 acres and view thousands of rose bushes.
7. R.W. Norton Art Gallery
Roam through the 40-acre botanical gardens with your leashed pup.
8. Annual Pet-Friendly Events
- Krewe of Barkus and Meoux Pet Parade: Dress up your pets from head to paw and join the Mardi Gras spirit.
- The Fast and Furriest 5k Color and Fun Run: Get your fur-fitness on and race to support local rescues.
- Pet Palooza at Louisiana Boardwalk: Enjoy a day out with tail-wagging vendors and adoption opportunities.
- Pooches at the Pond: Hit the ice with the Shreveport Mudbugs for a pawesome parade as one lucky pup will become champion!