Destination Master Plan and Rebrand
In a historic partnership, the Shreveport-Bossier Convention and Tourist Bureau (SBCTB), together with the City of Shreveport, City of Bossier City, Greater Shreveport Chamber of Commerce, Bossier Chamber of Commerce, Shreveport-Bossier African American Chamber of Commerce, and other local community organizations are working together to develop a Destination Master Plan and Community Brand.
The primary goal of the Destination Master Plan (DMP) is to set goals and create initiatives over the next 10 years to attract more investment into the community and increase overall visitor spending here. The project will provide a wider variety of jobs, increase the local tax base, help fund community amenities and services, support special events, attract corporate investment and relocation, enhance civic pride, and improve overall quality of life. Learn more about what a destination master plan is here. Visit Shreveport-Bossier and MMGY heard from more than 1,200 people through listening sessions, town hall forums and a resident-sentiment survey.
The Shreveport-Bossier DMP strategic framework focuses on six things:
- Increase and diversify community collaboration
- Accelerate mixed-use development, placemaking and mobility in the two urban waterfronts
- Prioritize support for local creative entrepreneurs in art, culture, film, food, music, retail and more
- Capitalize on surging demand for sports tourism
- Increase visitor volumes in the meetings and conventions sector
- Accelerate business development in outdoor recreation and upgrade event venues
Ultimately, this plan is about building a better Shreveport-Bossier long-term and creating opportunities for personal and professional growth in the Shreveport-Bossier community. Our hope for Shreveport-Bossier is for it to be a place we are all proud to call home. Visit Shreveport-Bossier welcomes you to include the new logo on your publications, websites, etc.